Friday, August 8, 2014

Michael- Lectio Divina

When launching this parish prayer challenge, I never thought how much of a challenge it would be for me.  The spiritual attacks have been frequent, as well as, the distractions from my committed prayer plan.  This just confirms the importance and the goodness of this task.

I decided to take on the challenge of reading more scripture.  What a gift we have in the Word of God!  Holy Scripture is truly the living Word of The Lord.  One of my favorite devotions or spiritual practices is Lectio Divina. I learned this devotion when I was discerning to be a monk.  This ancient practice of contemplating Scripture is a means for one to seek and discover a deeper union with God.  One learns to listen with the "ears of the heart" as St. Benedict of Nursia would describe it.  Here is link to a website that describes the practice: http://www.valyermo.com/ld-art.html


If you are still searching for ways to enter into the CrossFit Training, look into Lectio Divina.  

No comments:

Post a Comment