Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Maegan - Catching Up

5 days of silence... did you think I had forgotten you, poor readers?
I have not!
And, more importantly (no offense), I am still praying! 
Are you?
I have felt this week as if I no longer am just participating in a challenge, but have started to make the turn to actually encorporating this new wonderful habit into my daily life. 

We had a staff day yesterday, and on the way back, one of our staff members suggested we pray a Divine Mercy Chaplet since it was the hour of mercy (3pm)... I quickly flipped to my Laudate app, and searched for the chaplets section, and found the Divine Mercy Chaplet, and was able to scroll through digital "beads" with reminders of which prayers came next. And it was such a sweet gift to my day! And I've been thinking ever since... We have so many tools! So much help at our fingertips to enhance and support and develop our relationship with God. What a gift!

We also listened to a Lighthouse Media CD, and I'm still "chewing" on it. Listening to talks and reading spiritual readings is also a great way to strengthen our spiritual muscles and gives us some "meat" to chew on and think about and meditate on throughout our day. I believe you can subscribe to Lighthouse Media and receive a CD in the mail monthly, if you're interested! 

How has technology made prayer more meaningful or accessible for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment